Monday, April 3

I Don't Care, I Don't Care. . .

The following letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing interior design and home planning. She recently wrote a letter to a family member serving in Iraq Read it!

WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11.2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -- you guessed it, I could not have said this any better myself! I DON'T CARE!

And I don't care whether this is a real letter or not; or whether there is such a person as Pam Foster and her design company. I DO care that someone wrote this and I agree with every word.

I also don't care what Europeans think of us -- not one little bit. They've never liked us, so why should I care what they think?

I don't care what Cindy Sheehan says or does and I don't feel sorry for her. Her son volunteered to serve; if she chooses not to honor his service, that's her problem. I'm a grieving mother, too, but I'll be darned if I'll use that grief to garner pity for myself and destruction for the Middle East.

I don't care that the French hate us. My Father served in France in WWI and came home with an intense dislike of the French -- so intense that he discouraged me from traveling in that country and couldn't understand why I would want to learn the language. It took me a while do discover that, indeed, Father Knows Best.

I don't care about the Democratic Party. Although I've worked for Republicans most of the time throughout my adulthood (mainly because as a group they are more intellectual and nicer people to be with), I have voted for Democrats. They have made such political fools of themselves lately though, with their lies and half-truths and frantic attempts to destroy efforts to pass worthy legislation that I suspect I've become a "yellow dog" Republican.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So you accuse me of lying, Margaret.

Where?

It doesn't matter who wrote the piece -- I didn't, so to avoid lying (and plagiarism) I had to give credit for it. The only credit I had was Pam. If the author preferred a pen name, why should I care?

Now let's find the lies:
Were we not attacked by Bin Laden's Al Quaeda on Sept. 11, 2001?
Do practitioners of the Islamic religion not consider the Bible faulty (the Koran says it is)
Did Al-Zarqawi not have Berg's head cut off, and on TV no less, for all the world to see?
Are there no insurgents fighting in Iraq?
Do children not die from suicide bombers in Iraq nearly every day?
Has the American media not hired attorneys who used international law to defend their First Amendment rights?
Have Marines not gotten in trouble -- and been court martialed even -- for "mistreating" prisoners?
Are there no incidents of booby trapped people who killed our troops (like the one who blew up a dining hall) in Iraq?
Have the prisoners (captured on a field of battle while shooting at American soldiers) at Gitmo not complained about mistreatment although they are allowed to have Korans, entertainment and are fed better than some slum children in the US?

EVERY one of those points is true, Margaret. There's not a single, solitary lie among them.

As for the rest of conclusions of the author (and whether there is such a person as Pam is irrelevant), they are opinion and I happen to share each and every one of them. Rather than plagiarize the piece or weaken its strength by re-writing it, I chose to publish it here word for word.

The point is, those are the facts. Those facts prompted opinions (which, by nature of what they are, cannot be lies).

Those express my feelings, conclusions and opinions, too. Yes, as a Christian I am called to forgive, and I can do that. I can forgive all those horrible things but forgiveness does not mean that I cannot fight against them or that by inaction, I have to let them happen again. That would be stupidity.

Forgiving my enemy doesn't mean I have to turn against my faith, my country and everything I value. Actually, forgiveness means that I am free to defend those things with all my heart.

Now don't you think you owe me an apology? Isn't it a little rude of you to come on MY blog and call me a liar because you don't agree with me, although the facts prove that I am not a liar?

Unknown said...

Pie, I think I'm glad you removed your second post. Your first is offensive enough, as well as poorly written (do you not know punctuation, capitalization and spelling?)

People who resort to the kind of insults and offensive language you posted here, along with your stupid assumptions and your incredibly bad manners simply do not deserve a reasoned response so I'm not going to bother.

You, sir or madam, are simply ignorant and not worthy of serious consideration.

Unknown said...

I'll begin and the end and work my way back, Pie. Wait until ALL the truth is known about the Plame incident. So far it's not out there. As you have probably discovered by now, the President is the final authority on what is classified and what isn't -- that's a nonissue.

You need to get back to school, child, and learn how to write proper English. Yours is so hard to read!

Scooter Libby has the credibility of a turtle, as you would know if you looked into his background.

What I said is that I don't care about the Muslims who attack America -- people captured on the field of battle (who were shooting at American soldiers or they wouldn't have been captured), the terrorists who are determined to destroy us "infidels." ALL of us. You, too. THOSE are the Muslims I speak out against, you are the one who assumes that means all Muslims. I don't.

And frankly, my dear, I don't give a hoot whether or not my blog offends Muslims or you or anyone else. I am an American. I am writing my blog in America. That means I am free to think and say and believe anything I want. I can criticize anyone who disagrees with me (it IS MY blog), I can be rude (but I choose not to), and can be prejudiced. . .whatever. Those guys who are fighting (which includes my cousin, grandson and son-in-law) that war, and all those who have died in wars from 1770 until today have guaranteed me that right. And unfortunately because you bore me, it guarantees YOU that right, too, although since it's my blog I also have the right to cut you off if you use offensive language. I should delete your posts because they're so hard to read, but I think that's because the National Education Association has messed up our schools and you youngsters don't know how to write.

Unknown said...

I hope you're not claiming to be an English teacher. If you are, you're either lying or you are most definitely part of the problem we have in education today.

It's silly to claim that prisoners of war just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They had guns and aimed them at American troops. It was their choice.

You're speaking of the "abuses" at Abu Graib (not sure of the spelling) and Americans were punished for that, so forget it.

Telling you to go back to school is not rude -- it's doing you a favor. You can't get ahead in the corporate world writing the way you do.

And obviously since you blame "No Child Left Behind" (which was Clinton's proposal originally and is an example of a bi-partisan effort in education), you are younger than I had assumed.

And you know more than your teachers, do you? Oh, child...you have a LOT to learn.

Anonymous said...

Sunnye T your original post was, in my opinion, a wonderful example of written expression. Furthermore, I agree whole heartedly!

After reading the speech "Whats all the fuss?" over and over I could not find a place where the author said they did not care about the religion of Islam. As opinionated and outspoken as the author clearly is, if that were the case I am confident we would know.

Instead they simply said they did not care if the same people who flew planes into buildings are offended during the process of being held accountable.

And why should anyone? As the author also pointed out, these people disrespect thier own religion by hiding in mosques.

Margaret's comment "By that "logic", why should anyone anywhere in the world believe in Christianity if they happen to have lost loved ones to a misguided missle launched by our boys?" is absolutley absurd.

The US military does not claim to fight in the name of Christianity.

Al-Qaeda on the other hand DOES proclaim to fight in the name if Islam. If a member of the US military were to pronounce, "God is great" after a successful mission in Iraq rest assured the media would have a field day in the name of seperating chuch and state.

"Allahu Akbar" however is the battle cry for Islamic fundamentalists.