Sunday, August 24

Dissing Olympic Dissenters

Today I am a HUGE Kobi Bryant/LeBron James fan. Not because they and The Team won the gold, although I think that's grand.

But because of what they said and did. In interviews and on the floor both stated and demonstrated their love and appreciation for their country and for their sport. They demonstrated superb sportsmanship and when they stood on the podium, they put their hands over their hearts while the national anthem was played. In doing so they won my heart, my loyalty and my fanship (if that's not a word it should be) for life. Thank you, Kobi and LeBron!

As for the athletes who went to Beijing to represent the USA and refused to place their hands over their hearts when the national anthem was played (you know who you are), I'll be watching for your endorsements. When I find them I will boycott those companies and write to their CEOs to tell them what I did and why.

It's one thing to express political dissent in America and it's quite acceptable -- but NOT while you are representing the country.

No comments: